Wednesday 17 August 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday - week 7!

Ok Ok I'm going to confess straight away....things didn't go quite to plan this past week! The scales show
+/- 0lb
Which is definitely better than putting on, but still slightly annoying at the same time. Anyone who has ever done a diet will know that's just how its goes sometimes so hey ho, one thing I did notice when I looked back through my food diary is that I only had one lot of salad all week....How naughty! So I have given myself a talking to, have stocked up on veggies and fruit and am determined to get my five a day this week!

Talking of five a day, I have three foodie items that should be every dieters best friends!

Butternut squash, is a great substitute for chips and other carbs, simply chop it up in to wedge like pieces and bake in the oven until they are soft (200 degrees will take 60-75 mins). I like to spray mine with low cal oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic flakes! YUM!
You can also make soups, add them to a warm salad or eat them cold! 


Grapes, I like to try and kid myself these are sweets! It doesn't always work but is worth a try! One thing I like to do is freeze them, simply pop some loose grapes into a freezer bag and let them freeze, this is a great alternative to an ice lolly and is great when you are low on points but still want dessert!

Green Tea, sometime green tea can be a bit of an acquired taste but if you add a slice of lemon that will help! Green Tea helps boost your metabolism which is great when trying to loose weight. So try and get at least one cup a day in, every little helps!

All of these diet friendly items are zero pro points so get stuck in!

Grace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment